Chances are, either you or someone you care for at some point in your life will have varicose veins. About 30% of people deal with varicose veins  . They are common, but they do not have to be your new normal.
Cosmetic treatment for veins is available
Let’s all agree to see varicose veins for what they are; a disease for which treatment is available, just as with any other disease. You do not have to resign yourself to the discomfort, pain, leg swelling, embarrassment or concern of varicose veins.
The wonderful news is, there is relief and treatment available for all forms of vein disease. Besides the discomfort, swelling and pain, unsightly varicose veins can sometimes be embarrassing and even be related to concerning blood clots .
Vein treatment isn’t just for legs
Uncomfortable or unsightly veins can pop up in other places as well. They can appear on your face, hands or even your lips. No matter where they show up, we can help you get relief. And sometimes the symptoms of vein disease are not visible  which is another reason why a consult is important.
Did you know…?
Less commonly understood are venous lakes. These small blueish-colored spots are commonly formed where the sun hits the surfaces on the edge of your lips. The exact cause is still not understood. At first glance, this dark spot may even resemble a type of skin cancer called nodular melanoma. That’s why it is important to get it examined. The good news is, these dark lip spots have a 94% rate of successful treatment and no reported complications. In fact, sometimes they are successfully treated with just one laser therapy session 
Because we truly are here to serve you and help you get back to normal, we offer free consultations to talk through your treatment options. Please do take the time to take care of yourself.
Treatment options for unsightly veins
Just in the last ten years, the innovation in treatment options available to us has opened up many opportunities for us to live free from the pain, discomfort, embarrassment or worry of varicose veins .
Sometimes even very simple, conservative, non-invasive treatments can offer relief from the symptoms of varicose veins. These include:
- Compression Therapy: Compression therapy keeps blood from pooling in the leg
- Exercise: Many types of even mild exercise can reduce symptoms of vein insufficiency 
- Lifestyle Change: Simple everyday changes like less tight clothing, flat shoes, and better posture can improve your vein health 
- Weight Loss: Losing excess weight can decrease pressure on your legs, lessening vein disease symptoms
- Leg Elevation: Simply raising your legs above your heart will relieve pressure, at least temporarily, in particularly uncomfortable moments 
Often these conservative treatments are recommended to be used alongside medical treatment for the most comprehensive results possible. However, you should never attempt to treat your veins on your own. If you are experiencing any discomfort or pain, or if your unsightly veins are getting worse, you should schedule a consultation as soon as possible.
There are more medical treatments that are far less invasive available for vein issues than ever. Modern treatments allow you to find relief with little to no downtime. Don’t let the medical terminology intimidate you. We are here to help you understand them and make the best choice for finding you relief. There are no bad questions, so please ask us anything! We are here to help you. Treatments for vein disease offered at The Vein Institute include:
- Varithena: This non-surgical treatment uses a medical “foam” to close unhealthy veins so blood flows through nearby healthy veins
- Vascular Laser: Lasers and light-based treatments cause insufficient veins to collapse so all of the surrounding healthy veins can keep your blood flowing
- Microphlebectomy: This minimally-invasive treatment to remove varicose veins only requires local anesthesia and you’re able to drive immediately
- High Ligation: Surgery ties-off a vein to stop blood flow into a diseased or non-functioning vein
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: This less-invasive treatment involves heating veins from within by a tiny needle stick so they collapse and are eventually reabsorbed by your body
- Sclerotherapy: Veins are injected so they collapse and are reabsorbed in due time by your body in this minimally-invasive treatment
We do not offer the now outdated vein stripping treatment so popular in the past. There are so many less invasive treatments with lower risks of complications available now. We only offer treatments we believe to be the very best for our patients.
Schedule a free consultation
Come meet with us soon! Don’t wait to seek help for your vein issues. Enjoy this summer free from discomfort, pain, embarrassment or concerning veins.
 https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1524-4725.2006.32253.x from Bekhor, Philip (11 Sep 2006). “Long-pulsed Nd:YAG laser treatment of venous lakes: report of a series of 34 cases”. Dermatologic Surgery. 32 (9): 1151–4.